If you have a small kitchen in your home that you don’t have the ability to make larger, there are several things that you can do to utilize every square inch of the space. If your kitchen is out of date or simply doesn’t fit your style, you may be ready to embark on a remodel to make your kitchen functional and beautiful. My-General Contractor is here to talk about some of the things you can do to remodel your small kitchen so that you can use every last bit of the space you have.
Ways to Make the Most of Your Small Kitchen Layout
There are several different things that you can do so that you can make your small kitchen as functional as possible. Here are a few ideas that can help you make your kitchen feel larger and help it make more sense for your lifestyle as well.
– Open Storage: When your kitchen is on the smaller side, having a bunch of cabinets above your head can make it feel more enclosed. When you remove those cabinets and replace them with open storage, you may find that it opens up the space and still gives you the storage that you need. Along with shelving, you can put in overhead pot racks and magnetic knife holders as well.
– Crisp Colors: Colors have a big impact on the overall look and feel of your kitchen. You should choose crisp colors that help to reflect the natural or artificial lighting you have in the space.
– Galley Kitchen Design: Gallery kitchens are a great way to take advantage of all the space that you have at your disposal. This is done with two strips of countertops that run the length of the room. On one side, you will have your stove, sink and dishwasher. On the other, you will have a strip of countertop that you can prepare on with cabinets beneath them.
– Large, Bold Floor Tile: When you choose tile floor for your kitchen, you will want to stay away from small tiles. Bigger tiles will create fewer grout lines and make the space feel more spacious.
– Lighting: Many people overlook the value of the right lighting in their kitchen. You are going to need a combination of different types of lights to give your kitchen that luxurious feel.
– Smaller Sink: It may be tempting to put in a big sink basin in your new kitchen. While this may be the right choice for larger kitchens, it can take up valuable counter space in smaller ones.
Kitchen Remodeling & More in Baytown, Pasadena, League City, Pearland, Missouri City, Sugar Land, Cypress, The Woodlands, Spring & Greater Houston, Texas
If you are ready to remodel your kitchen, you can turn to My-General Contractor to help you make the most of your kitchen. We will help you design the perfect space that is both functional as well as a beautiful part of your home. Call us today!